Turning the page
… a heavy lift for world of work.
In this quirky video the artist foretells a future where communication and information evolves to the point of being centralized into a single source. But I contend that it is already true. We are at the center of our own image, brand and experience.
SKILLFORCE is a fresh workforce alliance intent on shifting old workforce paradigms and eradicating outdated 20th century workforce ideas, laws and practices.
We are turning the page with digital innovations, skillforce literacy and the alliance paradigm.
BIOLOGS ~ the anti-resume’ option.
- The initial and primary service product offered by The SkillForce Alliance to replace the resume is a BIOLOG . Your annual SkillForce Alliance subscription includes a free Biolog plus access to additional services like business, legal and professional service discounts, group health insurance rates, skill development technologies, training resources and an extensive library to promote new workforce literacy and education. A Biolog can be purchased without a subscription but the service features will be limited.
- Biologs are interactive web portals for dynamic information about you as a potential work partner. A Biolog offers a digitally enhanced and multidimensional profile designed to showcase your market value (including but not limited to employment). Biologs primarily focus on your most valuable and marketable skill proficiencies and aptitudes (can do), a snapshot of your goals, passions and talent preferences (intend to do) and emphasizes your on-going investments in things like self-taught skills, informal learning &/or on-the-job training accomplishments (doing) in addition to traditional educational accomplishments (have done).
- To create a BIOLOG, members are guided through a digital matrix or analog architecture filled with fresh workforce data using modern, user-friendly technologies. The Biolog technology is capable of registering the results of skill proficiency and aptitude test, personality surveys, as well as referrals, recommendations and endorsements. Examples of your work product and video interviews can be embedded to further demonstrate your unique skill-sets, especially soft skill-sets, thereby adding a clear market advantage.
- All BIOLOG content is accessed, maintained and marketed from a user-friendly, hyper-linked dashboard which visually tells your unique story in under 30 seconds. A collection of dials, bars and graphs create an instant digital picture for members and potential work partners. Advanced search, database and social-networking technologies will be utilized to drive the community toward a focused, best-practice strategy to succeed in today’s workforce marketing industry.
- This robust market analysis benefits you more than employers because it leverages your most critical career investments to re-position your market value, especially within the SkillForce Alliance. Think match.com meets LinkedIn to elance the workforce from the old co-dependent to a fresh inter-dependent paradigm.
Alliance members are encouraged to network within the community to promote and establish a stronger competitive edge for Skillforce members. As the community grows, these resume’ heretics will network for career advancements by coaching each other and offering skill enhancement recommendations and by advocating member empowerment strategies and practices. Member participating in this way will earn Mastery badges to be displayed on their dashboard as well as discounts on dues and enhanced service fees offered throughout the Alliance network.
Work partners (employers and contractors) will purchase a list of Biologs based on specific and strategic variables. Because the data is dynamic, this list of profile matches is delivered as a subscription link that expires after 15-20 days. Work partners are encouraged to offer instant and anonymous feedback of the profiles they review. Work partners can receive discounts and other benefits for partnering with the SkillForce Alliance in this way.
The ALLIANCE ~Creating viable partnerships between work partners and skilled-talent will require significant paradigm shifts about ownership, responsibility and work product delivery.
- Workers must take ownership of and responsibility for their market value by focusing on in-demand work contributions, skill proficiency and negotiating viable work agreements.
- Work partners must accept that they have little more than money to offer the SkillForce of tomorrow. Work partners are better served by accepting that modern workers reject the empty promises of yesterday like job security and employer-driven career advancement. Work partners must enter viable work agreements that honor and promote the worker’s right to own, and thereby sell or rent, his or her talent and work contributions.
- Business must respond faster to changing paradigms in the workforce market. Dynamic verses static trend reports will be made available to industry through subscriptions in an effort to support a quicker response to trends and skill gaps.
- Members must actively engage in and commit to digital SkillForce marketing (not submitting resumes), skill development and workforce literacy in order to reap the highest rewards in this new era of work. Rewards that not only include landing you on the right list with the right partner today but also landing our future squarely at the top of global innovation and prosperity tomorrow!